From the Principal
What do you think about when you hear the word ‘light’. Maybe you think of weight, or low calorie products. In the Bible, Jesus spoke a lot about light - the kind that shines in the darkness.
Jesus encouraged all those who believed in Him to be a light in the world. He explained that he didn’t want people to stay in the dark, and asked His followers to shine like a lighthouse so that everyone could see and find their way back to Him.
A lighthouse is built only to serve others. A lighthouse guides others to their destination, keeping them safe from harm. We encourage our students to be lighthouses that ‘shine’ in the community, leading others to the love of God. ACC students do this by being kind, using friendly words, cooperating and building positive relationships with each other.
“Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Meet our amazing ACC Staff
This week we find out a little bit more about Mrs Tilly Catchpole, our exceptional Year 2/3 Teacher.
Q.What is the best book you have every read?
The Girl on the Train which was a good book because it kept my attention and the characters were interesting. I was disappointed when it was made into a movie.
Q. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I really enjoy gardening, when I have time. The garden always looks neater and tidier afterwards. I am currently working on the front garden at my house.
Q. What do you love about being a teacher?
I really love when students make progress, when I see them enjoying their learning.
Q. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be and why?
I would like to have dinner with Queen Elizabeth, because it would be interesting to hear all her stories, especially where she has travelled and what she has learnt about the different cultures from the many countries she has seen.
On June 11, the Junior Choir attended the Junior Dale Fest for the first time!I felt such joy taking the Year 1-3's out into the community to participate in a fantastic music experience and I was so proud of their effort and behaviour.The theme for the festival was 'Music Rocks', with a focus on both music and science. For six weeks of term 2 we had been working hard on learning 3 community songs and 1 item to present at the festival.Hearing the junior choir join together in singing with five other local schools gave me goosebumps, but seeing them perform their item with confidence and enthusiasm to such a large audience, is a memory I will treasure.Well done ACC Junior Choir, you should be very proud of yourselves.
It was so wonderful to start private instrumental lessons this term.We are pleased to be able to provide piano, guitar, vocal and trumpet lessons to the students. Lessons are offered in solo, duo and trio groups to suit your child's needs. There are vacancies for Term 3.If you would like your child to have private music lessons in next term, please contact me via email at [email protected]If your child is currently in the music program, you do not need to contact me as it is assumed they will continue each term.
ACCDD P & F
The P & F has arranged for ACCDD to host the Spud Shed Kelmscott Sausage Sizzle on the 30th of June 2018 between 8:00 am and 4:00pm. We will be cooking and selling hot dogs and cool drinks to raise money towards new instruments for the school’s music program. We are looking for parent volunteers that can help operate the stall between these hours for at least an hour or so. Please look for the roster in the office and pencil in a time if you can assist.
If anyone has any questions regarding the Spud Shed Stall Fundraiser or any suggestions for the P & F please contact Mrs Jade Turner on 0411 202 964.
The next P&F meetingwill be held on Monday 30th July at 6:00pm. All parents are welcome to attend to keep up to date with what is happening at ACCDD, meet other parents and find out how you can be part of the ACCDD community.
Childminding will be available, however, please email Joan at [email protected] to book a place.
Enrolments for 2019
This is the time of the year when we begin to plan for the staffing and resources we will need to achieve maximum learning in 2019. We are excited about our continued growth, and hope you are too.
If you have a family member, friend, neighbour or colleague who has Primary aged children who would benefit from joining our incredible learning community, let them know we are now open for 2019 enrolments.
Bring them in to meet Mrs Burrage, who will be happy to show them around. Enrolments can be made using the following link:
ACC Playgroup is for children 0-4 years old. Feel free to let your friends and neighbours know they are invited. The ACC Playgroup meets every Tuesday morning 9:00am -10:30am. Mrs Watson, our Music specialist, runs a session at 9:00am - it’s not to be missed! For more details, call 9391 1500 or email [email protected].
Primary Happy Snaps
ACC is a place of wonder and learning, where children are challenged to grow in all areas. They are also keen to share their learning with their parents. Check out this week’s Happy Snaps and ask your child what they learnt.
In Genius Hour this week, more students made the recipes that they had researched and planned for to demonstrate their excellent Design Technologies’ skills.
- Monday 25th June, Year 2 - 3 Fire Department Incursion.
- Friday 29th June, Assembly K, PP & Year 1, farewell to Mrs Yong.
- Friday 29th June School Reports to go home
- Friday 29th June, Final Day Term 2
- Saturday 30th June, P & F Sausage Sizzle outside ‘Spud Shed’ Kelmscott, 8am - 4pm.
- Tuesday 17th July, Term 3 Commences.
- Friday 20th July, School Photo Day.
- Friday 27th July, Assembly Year 2 - 3.
- Monday 30thJuly, P & F Meeting 6pm.
- Friday 10th August, Assembly Year 4 - 6.
- Monday 20th - Friday 24th August, ‘BOOK FAIR’.
- Wednesday 22nd August, 9am, Book Week Parade.
- Friday 31st August, Father’s Day Celebration.
- Friday 31st August, Senior Dale Fest, Year 4 - 6.
- Friday 7th September, Athletic’s Carnival.
- Thursday 13th - Friday 14th September, Year 4 - 6 Camp.
- Friday 21st September, Assembly, Kindy, Pre Primary & Year 1.
- Friday 21st September, Final Day Term 3.
- Tuesday 9th October, Students commence Term 4.
- Tuesday 9th - Friday 12th October, Pre Primary - Year 2 Swimming Program.
- Monday 15th - Friday19th October, Pre Primary - Year Swimming program.
- Friday 19th & Saturday 20th October, Kelmscott Show.
- Friday 26th October, Numer International Competition.
- Friday 2nd November, Assembly Year 2 - 3.
- Friday 16th November, Assembly Kindy, Pre Primary & Year 1.
- Thursday 29th November, Graduation / Christmas Concert.
- Friday 30th November, Christmas Parade.
- Wednesday 5th December, FINAL DAY OF TERM 4.
Yours in Christ,
Click 'Google Calendar' to synchronise these events in your own calendar.