From the Principal
Being part of a community is so important, for many reasons. God created us to live in harmony with Him and each other. He has a lot to say about the why and how of living in community. In the Bible, in the book of Ecclesiastes, King Solomon wrote: “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”
Building a community takes intention and effort, and I felt really blessed that so many of you came to the recent Community Connection event, where we started to understand each other, and how we can work together to better nurture and grow our children and families. There were so many excellent ideas that were offered. There is much to do, but I know that with God as our provider, we will take ACC from good to great! The Bible says it like this: “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together... but encouraging one another….” Hebrews 10:24-25.
Community Connection - End of Term Celebration
You, your family and friends, are invited to celebrate with us on Friday 30th June, the end of a successful Term 2. Let’s share food, friendship and fun together.
We will meet in the ACC undercovered area, and eat at 5.00pm, followed by some fun activities for all to enjoy. We ask you to bring a plate of food to share. Tea and coffee will be provided.
Sharing Photos on Social Media
At ACC we want your child to feel safe at all times. We can work together to protect our children, both now and for the future, especially in the ever growing world of social media. Julie Inman Grant, the Children’s eSafety Commissioner, made the following suggestions regarding how parents might approach the idea of privacy with their child.
- Talk to your child about how you’d like to take a photo of them on their first day of term to mark the occasion, and explain how you’d like to share them with others.
- If they agree, take a photo. If they don’t agree, talk about why they don’t and what their concerns are.
- Once you have a photo, tell your child how, with whom and why you’d like to share their photo, and ask your child if it’s ok.
- Involve your child in the process of choosing which photos to share. Seek their advice about who they’d like to share it with and why.
- Post your back to school images with the #talkb4sharing hashtag to encourage others to have the conversation.
Enrolments for 2018
If you, or your friends, want your children to be part of the ACC community in 2018, we invite you to complete an enrolment form here. Places are available from Kindy to Year 6 (boys and girls).
Mrs Burrage will be conducting interviews with parents and their newly enorolled children early Term 3.
Parents and Friends
Do you enjoy working in a team? Do you like to organise events? One way to be involved in our ACC school community is to be a member of our Parents and Friends (P&F) committee.
What is it?
The P&F is a small group, including parents, guardians, friends of the school and the Principal, who meet two or three times per term.
Why do we need a P&F?
A P&F provides hospitality and involvement at many school events. Getting involved is a great way to meet people and support your child’s school experience through your family’s active involvement in building an engaged school community.
What would I need to do?
You would need to be available for the P&F meetings. If you have agreed to, and been voted in, to take on a role such as President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer you will be given lots of help to carry out these roles. You can also just be available to help.
The next P&F meeting is Tuesday 20th June 2:45-3:45pm. Come along and see if this is something that you would like to be part of.
Primary Happy Snaps
Keep in Touch
Are you following our Facebook page yet? We use the Facebook page for regular updates on things happening at ACC that are of interest to parents and carers.
Click here to see our page and select the 'Follow' button.
What’s Happening Soon
- Monday 5th June: WA Day Public Holiday
- Friday 9th June: Year 2-6 Excursion to Scitech
- Tuesday 20th June: P & F Meeting, 3.15pm - 4.15pm
- Friday 23rd June: Assembly K-Yr 1
- Friday 30th June: Term 2 Concludes
- Friday 30th June: End of Term 2 Celebration with a shared dinner and activities at 5pm
- Friday 30th June: Semester 1 Reports Posted
- Tuesday 18th July: Students commence Term 3
- Friday 21st July: School Photo Day
Click 'Google Calendar' to synchronise these events in your own calendar.